Scope and Consent. This Privacy Notice describes how eBay collects, uses, discloses and protects the Personal Information it collects when you participate in the Affiliate Program.
By participating in the Affiliate Program you agree to the terms and conditions of the eBay Affiliate Program Agreement, and you agree THAT eBAY may process your Personal data in the manner described in this eBay Affiliate Program Privacy Notice.
eBay India Private Limited, located at 14th Floor, North Block, Rtech Park, Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East), Mumbai, India – Pin 400063, is your data controller. As such, it is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our global privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws. Your data controller may transfer data to other members of the eBay Inc. corporate family as described in this Privacy Notice. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers located in India and anywhere else in the world where our data centers are located, including the U.S.
Personal Information. “Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that eBay Inc. has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Global Privacy Standards. eBay Inc. has established global privacy standards for all eBay Inc. companies known as our Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs). They are our commitment to protect your personal information and honor our privacy obligations regardless of where your personal information is collected, processed, or retained within our eBay Inc. corporate family. Our BCRs have been approved by a number of European Union privacy regulators. That means we are treating your personal information everywhere within our eBay Inc. corporate family according to European Union privacy standards. More information about our BCRs and our global privacy standards is available at our eBay Privacy Center.
Collection. When you participate in the Affiliate Program, we may collect information about you, including:
- Registration information that you provide to us when registering in the program, including user name, password, and a secret question and answer.
- Individual and company contact information, including name and title, phone number, e-mail and mailing address.
- Compensation information, including address, VAT ID/tax ID or PAN card number, and bank account and routing number.
- Information about your interactions, including, for example, your promotional methods and agents, performance statistics, transaction and payout history and support requests.
- Other information we process about end users as described in this Privacy Notice or at the moment in time when we collect such information
- Information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process from our service providers to help with our fraud prevention and network quality efforts.
- Web log information we collect automatically, including IP address, computer and connection information, tracking code data, browser type and version, operating system and platform, referring and following URLs, and cookie data.
Use. We use the information we collect to:
- Run the Affiliate Program and your chosen Programs (including, for example, providing tracking and reporting, and compensating you for your participation) and provide you with information and services you request.
- Communicate with you about your transactions, service updates and other administrative issues.
- Send you targeted marketing and promotional offers, based on your communications preferences.
- Analyze program trends, monitor and maintain the integrity of the program, promote and improve program capabilities and efficiencies, and prepare aggregated reports.
- Resolve disputes, address complaints and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Enforce this Privacy Notice, the Affiliate Program Agreement, or other policies.
Sharing and Disclosure. As part of our marketing and operation of the Affiliate Program, we may disclose information about you to the following parties:
- To the Public. We may identify you in client lists and use your name and logo in our marketing materials.
- Other eBay Companies. We may share information with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures or other companies under common control, where it may be used to provide joint services or for purposes such as internal statistics, strategic decision-making, reviews, identifying trends, authentication and verification, fraud prevention and security. These other members of our corporate family will not send you marketing communications without your consent.
- Service Providers. We may share information with service providers under contract who help with our business operations (for example, verifying our users and providing related services). Our service providers are required to keep the information confidential and use it only for the services they provide to us.
- Legal and Other Disclosures. We may disclose information when permitted by law or under the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law or regulation; to comply with legal process or in response to a governmental or other public authority; to protect our property or interests and our agents and employees; or to protect personal safety or the public.
- Assets. As our business evolves, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets in connection with a merger, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In such an event, personal information may be one of the assets transferred.
E-mail Communications. We may occasionally use the contact information you provide us to send you emails or other communications. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications, but you may not opt out of administrative e-mails (for example, e-mails about your participation in the Affiliate Program or our policy changes) while participating in the Affiliate Program. You can opt out where available by changing your e-mail preferences in your affiliate account communications center or by using the link provided at the bottom of each marketing e-mail.
Cookies and Web Beacons. We, our service providers, and other members of our corporate family who provide us with joint services, will sometimes place anonymous cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit the Affiliate Program. We use these cookies and web beacons to recognize returning users, provide relevant content, measure traffic and activity on the site, monitor and improve our services and protect against fraud. You can block cookies by changing the settings on your browser (consult your browser help menu to find out how), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you. Your browser must be set to accept cookies in order to access your affiliate account.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information. As a registered affiliate, you can review and change your personal information by accessing your affiliate account My Account page. You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or becomes inaccurate.
Removing Your Personal Information. Upon your request, we will close your affiliate account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws. You can request that we close your affiliate account, either by contacting eBay at (email@example.com) or by writing to us at the address included in the Contact Us section below. After we close your account, we may retain some information to comply with the law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze or troubleshoot programs, enforce our Affiliate Program Agreement and take actions otherwise permitted by law. If your account or membership is terminated or suspended, we may retain some information to prevent re-registration.
Retention. We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Affiliate Program Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
Security. The protection of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are designed to protect the security of your information and reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. These include advanced firewall and password protection for our databases, physical access controls to our buildings and files, and restricted access to your personal information to employees that need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our services. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
Changes to this Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting the amended terms on this site. Amended terms will take effect immediately for new users, and 5 days after they are posted for existing users. We will notify you by e-mail of any material changes to this Privacy Notice.
Contact Us. For questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can reach the Global Privacy Office:
- Through the Contact Us link at our eBay Privacy Center
- In writing at eBay Inc, Attn: Legal – Global Privacy Office, 2065 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, California 95125, USA.