Scope and Consent. This Privacy Notice describes how eBay collects, uses, discloses and protects the Personal Information it collects when you participate in the Affiliate Program. By participating in the Affiliate Program you agree to the terms and conditions of the eBay Affiliate Program Agreement, and you agree THAT eBAY may process your Personal data in the manner described in this eBay Affiliate Program Privacy Notice.
eBay India Private Limited, located at 14th Floor, North Block, Rtech Park, Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East), Mumbai, India – Pin 400063, is your data controller. As such, it is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our global privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws. Your data controller may transfer data to other members of the eBay Inc. corporate family as described in this Privacy Notice. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers located in India and anywhere else in the world where our data centers are located, including the U.S.
Personal Information. “Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that eBay Inc. has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Global Privacy Standards. eBay Inc. has established global privacy standards for all eBay Inc. companies known as our Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs). They are our commitment to protect your personal information and honor our privacy obligations regardless of where your personal information is collected, processed, or retained within our eBay Inc. corporate family. Our BCRs have been approved by a number of European Union privacy regulators. That means we are treating your personal information everywhere within our eBay Inc. corporate family according to European Union privacy standards. More information about our BCRs and our global privacy standards is available at our eBay Privacy Center.
Collection. When you participate in the Affiliate Program, we may collect information about you, including:
- Registration information that you provide to us when registering in the program, including user name, password, and a secret question and answer.
- Individual and company contact information, including name and title, phone number, e-mail and mailing address.
- Compensation information, including address, VAT ID/tax ID or PAN card number, and bank account and routing number.
- Information about your interactions, including, for example, your promotional methods and agents, performance statistics, transaction and payout history and support requests.
- Other information we process about end users as described in this Privacy Notice or at the moment in time when we collect such information
- Information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process from our service providers to help with our fraud prevention and network quality efforts.
- Web log information we collect automatically, including IP address, computer and connection information, tracking code data, browser type and version, operating system and platform, referring and following URLs, and cookie data.
Use. We use the information we collect to:
- Run the Affiliate Program and your chosen Programs (including, for example, providing tracking and reporting, and compensating you for your participation) and provide you with information and services you request.
- Communicate with you about your transactions, service updates and other administrative issues.
- Send you targeted marketing and promotional offers, based on your communications preferences.
- Analyze program trends, monitor and maintain the integrity of the program, promote and improve program capabilities and efficiencies, and prepare aggregated reports.
- Resolve disputes, address complaints and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Enforce this Privacy Notice, the Affiliate Program Agreement, or other policies.
Sharing and Disclosure. As part of our marketing and operation of the Affiliate Program, we may disclose information about you to the following parties:
- To the Public. We may identify you in client lists and use your name and logo in our marketing materials.
- Other eBay Companies. We may share information with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures or other companies under common control, where it may be used to provide joint services or for purposes such as internal statistics, strategic decision-making, reviews, identifying trends, authentication and verification, fraud prevention and security. These other members of our corporate family will not send you marketing communications without your consent.
- Service Providers. We may share information with service providers under contract who help with our business operations (for example, verifying our users and providing related services). Our service providers are required to keep the information confidential and use it only for the services they provide to us.
- Legal and Other Disclosures. We may disclose information when permitted by law or under the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law or regulation; to comply with legal process or in response to a governmental or other public authority; to protect our property or interests and our agents and employees; or to protect personal safety or the public.
- Assets. As our business evolves, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets in connection with a merger, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In such an event, personal information may be one of the assets transferred.