eBay Buyer Coupons Terms and Conditions
- E-Coupon is the property of eBay Website and eBay has the right to cancel/ alter the E-Coupons at will and at any time (including during the validity period of the E-Coupon) without -giving any prior intimation to the User. E-Coupon is a privilege from eBay and not a right or claim against eBay. E-Coupons can also be cancelled in case the User is in violation of eBay UAs.
- A User using the E-Coupons in any manner shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
- E-Coupon is issued to the User and specific to the User ID mentioned in the electronic communication. E-Coupon cannot be used through another User ID even-though a different User ID is maintained by the same person.
- The value and the mode of using of the E-Coupon are mentioned in the electronic communication.
- E-Coupons shall be valid and must be redeemed as per the date mentioned in the marketing communication, unless cancelled / terminated earlier in accordance with these terms and conditions and/or eBay UAs. The validity of E-Coupon shall be subject to the condition that the User remains registered user and has neither been suspended nor been in violation of eBay UAs and PaisaPay Payment services.
- E-Coupons can be redeemed,
- only before the listing has ended on eBay Website or the item is stock out (stock out means that the item is no longer available with the seller or the seller for any reason is unable to list or sell or deliver the item), and
- only when payments are made through PasiaPay, and
- on the First-come, first use basis. Please refer to marketing communication to ascertain the specific terms and condition as applicable.
- E-Coupons shall be invalidated and your transaction shall be reversed, in case,
- your payment has been rejected by eBay due to eBay's risk containment measures, or
- you bought the item which is illegal or prohibited by eBay UAs for transaction, or
- you bought the item which is required to be shipped outside India, or
- you have used the E-Coupons on the items/ category other than what has been mentioned in marketing communication, or
- you have used E-Coupons on the promoted listing such as Deals of the Week, Wakeup Call or where the listing has called out that “E-Coupons are not applicable on that specific listing”.
- One E-Coupon can be used only for one purchase irrespective of the value of such purchase and the unutilized or underutilized value of the E-Coupons shall be forfeited and User cannot claim any benefit or a substitute E-Coupon in lieu of the same. The purchase value of the item in excess of the value of the E-Coupon shall be paid by the User along with using the E-Coupon.
- E-Coupon carries no cash value and cannot be transferred, negotiated or sold and cannot be redeemed against cash. E-Coupons cannot be combined with any other coupons or any other offer or discounts or promotions. eBay shall not be responsible to compensate you in any manner for the unused/ invalidated E-Coupon including providing alternate E-Coupon.
- eBay is not responsible for any typographical error leading to an invalid coupon.
- eBay does not guarantee that any one or more listings on eBay Website or the desired listings of the Users would have E-Coupon as the payment option.
- eBay is neither recommending you to purchase the specific item which you intend to purchase or actually purchase using E-Coupon nor eBay is warranting or endorsing any product or services listed on eBay Website nor warranting or verifying or guarantying the performance or conduct of any seller offering E-Coupon as payment option or of any third party.
- eBay shall not be liable for any lost or stolen E-Coupon and E-Coupons once issued shall not be reissued.
- eBay makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding any product or service provided by any third party in connection with any E-Coupon and shall not be responsible for any costs, damages, accident, delay, injury, loss, expense or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of E-Coupons.
Limitation of Liability : Under no circumstances eBay's liability shall exceed giving the User a replacement E-Coupon of the same nature and of the same value.
- These terms and conditions are subject to Indian laws and any dispute shall be subject to jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai (India) only.
What are eBay gift vouchers?
eBay gift vouchers are an additional way of paying for items bought on eBay India using PaisaPay (besides Credit Card, Debit Card and Online Bank Transfer). Your gift voucher will consist of a 10-digit alphanumeric code that you can enter while paying for the item using PaisaPay
What are the types of gift vouchers?
Gift vouchers can be of two types:
- Flat value: For example, get Rs. 100 off on purchases of Rs. 200 and above.
- Percentage: For example, get 20% off on purchases of Rs. 1000 and above.
What are the terms and conditions of using gift vouchers?
- Each voucher will have its individual criteria, such as minimum order amount, seller / category / item against which the voucher is applicable.
- Vouchers will have a validity period, which will vary from voucher to voucher.
- Vouchers can only be used with PaisaPay, that is, if a coupon is a % discount type, then the balance amount can be paid by Credit Card, Debit Card or Online Bank Transfer with PaisaPay.
- Each gift voucher is good for one-time use only. You will not be able to split the value of a voucher across multiple payments or using more than one voucher at a time.
- Gift vouchers are not redeemable against the items listed under Deals of the Week or any other offer.
- Each voucher is User Id specific .So the voucher issued on your eBay ID cannot be used to avail discounts on any other eBay User ID.
I have received a gift voucher. What do I do?
- When you buy a Buy It Now item or pay for the item that you have won on www.eBay.in , choose to pay with PaisaPay. On the PaisaPay payment page, enter the 10 digit alphanumeric gift voucher code provided to you and click the Apply button.
Will I have to pay something to redeem a gift voucher?
- Once the voucher is validated, the order details at the top of the page will reflect the changes, and will indicate the balance amount to be paid using Credit Card, Debit Card or Online Bank transfer. Complete your payment and click the Pay button.
No, eBay gift vouchers are absolutely free for buyers.
What happens to my voucher in case I'm eligible for a PaisaPay refund?
If you're eligible for a refund, you will receive the entire amount you paid for the order using online bank transfer or credit card. The amount will be refunded back to the same Credit Card or Bank account from where the initial payment was made. For example, if you paid using online bank transfer, the amount will be transferred back to your bank account. You will not, however, be able to re-use the gift voucher. In some cases, eBay may issue a new voucher at its own discretion but, not necessarily of the same value.
Back to top
How can I ensure that my items are eligible for gift voucher purchase?
All you need to do is offer PaisaPay on your listings, and vouchers will be redeemable against your listings (depending on the terms and conditions of the specific vouchers).
What will it cost me if buyers pay for my item using an eBay gift voucher?
You will be charged the same PaisaPay fees as the payment type used by the buyer for paying the balance amount. So, for a Rs. 100 order, buyer has paid Rs. 80 using credit card and Rs. 20 using vouchers, sellers will be charged the PaisaPay Credit Card fees for the entire Rs. 100. If the buyer had paid Rs. 80 using online bank transfer, and Rs. 20 as vouchers, the seller will be charged the PaisaPay online bank transfer fees for the entire Rs. 100. In case the amount is fully paid for using vouchers, then coupon fees rate will be 4.5% plus Applicable taxes on the total purchase amount.
Can I buy gift vouchers?
No, you will not be able to buy vouchers. eBay will distribute coupons directly to users, at its own discretion.
Back to top